Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

ASI120MM driver

Hello 

Does anyone have to hand the driver for this asi 120mm camera. I think it's an older zwo version,  Iv tried downloading from the zwo website. Iv now tried this camera on PhD2 on a Windows 11 pc and windows 10 laptop both with sharpcap, camera just won't work properly.... I'm assuming it's to do with driver? 

IMG_20230728_105533.jpg

IMG_20230728_105542.jpg

I presume this is the older USB2.0 version camera, I found that with both the native driver and the Ascom driver things were pretty unreliable, missing frames , missing parts or bands in images etc, especially if trying anything other than native resolution. However if you only want to guide using PHD2 with it, try installing the ASI Directshow driver and select Windows WDM - webcam as the camera. For me it just works, every time and never drops frames and you can still control all the camera settings. I have probably done 60hrs of imaging this way this year and it has never failed once. I use a 5m USB2 active cable so frame rates are pretty low but not an issue for guiding, might be if you want to use it for planetary imaging though.