Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Halloween plossls in need of some love

badhex

21 hours ago, Louis D said:

Dang, I hope you got a really good price on them.

I've got a single coated 26mm Sirius Plossl from the 1990s that has some sort of coating hazing going on, but no scratches.  It doesn't seem to affect the view through it all that much, but it's still annoying the seller didn't disclose it.

Thankfully yes - each EP/Barlow worked out at £12.50 each including postage, so could be worse! I guess I could have asked more questions but I feel like if the seller was familiar with astro gear it would have had that info in the description, but as you said I suspect it won't really affect the views, and I really just picked them up because they were cheap, and it's difficult not to collect half decent EPs! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mr Spock said:

I see ENS has a 10mm and 6.3mm. A bit pricey though as always.

Aren't they just? There's a few times I've hesitated over purchases from them in the past due to being really more than I'd like to pay, only to have the item snapped up by someone else. I guess that something costs what people are willing to pay for it! 

3 hours ago, jock1958 said:

Yeh those plastic yellow dust caps are electrical plug blanking caps which are snug fit in the eyepiece cups, if it’s just eyepiece dust caps you are after I bought some cheap rubber ones off the Bay for my 20mm WO and other eyepieces, I found you will need to measure the eyepiece end, subtract a mm or so and hope for a snug fit 🤞

Top tip, thanks! I'll look into picking some up.