Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Camping for Perseids - locatins from Reading?

skybadger

Hi all 

i noticed that the Perseids combine with dark of the moon phase this year so suggested the family go camping for that weekend. 

it met surprisingly little derision from the wife and grown-up daughter. 

Next step -find a place to visit. 

I'm thinking the New Forest will be chocker that time of year so my thoughts of destination are more like Dorset, Brecons, Swansea. Although there's a site at Newport , IoW that sounds interesting.

Anyone got some campsites you can recommend that support Dark Skies policies while not being too rough and commando ? (Cake and eat it !) 

cheers

Mike

Hi Mike,

I absolutely hate camping but stayed here for a few nights end of last Summer and really enjoyed it. Kid friendly, with swimming and kayaking on the river Adur and well away from 'hot' touristy spots. I reckon it would be perfect for some star gazing.

https://www.newwharfcampsite.co.uk/

Porta loo's onsite and neat shower cubicles, each with their own gas/boiler, and endless supply of piping hot water.