Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Journey through the Scorpius & Ophiuchus nebula complex

MarsG76

Hi all,

Just a quick post sharing my resulting images after I spent clear (and mostly moonless) nights during May and first half of June exposing close up images into the wide field of Rho Ophiuchus nebula complex that I imaged June last year through a 150mm Sigma prime lens.

I've added a inset image showing which part of Rho Ophiuchus nebula complex has been magnified.

These images were exposed with a QHY268M CMOS camera through a Bosma 80mm doublet refractor at f6.25 (500mm focal length). The luminance channel had a Neodymium filter to cut out sky glow.

Clear Skies,

MG

AntaresM4 LRGB 11h36m FrmSGLi.jpg

AlniyatM4 LRGB 11h56m FrmSGLi.jpg

AntaresIC4605 LRGB 10h26m FrmSGLi.jpg

Edited by MarsG76
  • Like 22

Such amazing colours in this area - stunning images! I'm having a go at Antares and M4 myself at the moment - I get 2 hours imaging time per night of this target atm, that's the time it takes to appear from behind next door's house, to disappearing behind a tree 😂 But the extra challenge makes the final result mean so much more.

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Neil_104 said:

Such amazing colours in this area - stunning images! I'm having a go at Antares and M4 myself at the moment - I get 2 hours imaging time per night of this target atm, that's the time it takes to appear from behind next door's house, to disappearing behind a tree 😂 But the extra challenge makes the final result mean so much more.

Two hours os better than nothing and it sounds like those 2 hours are when the area is in the best location in the sky for imaging... looking forward to seeing your version of this colorful region.