Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M101 with SN2023ixf

AMcD

I have been working on an LHaRGB image of M101, comprising of 10 hours 25 minutes of luminance (taken mainly during astronomical darkness) and 4 hours 52 minutes of red, 4 hours 30 minutes of green, 3 hours 18 minutes of blue and 3 hours 4 minutes of Ha (taken mainly in astronomical twilight).  Towards the end of the project I captured SN2023ixf.  It appears bluish in this image, I suspect because it was present only for the green, blue and Ha imaging runs.  The total of approximately 26 hours of integrations were captured with a QHY268M and a TS130 Photoline APO mounted on a Losmandy G11 under Bortle 5 skies.  The data was captured with SGPro and processed in PixInsight.  This is a crop of the final image, the full version of which is below.

LHaRGB_Master_Crop_Final_Annotated.thumb.png.717803543d7ac3de38b589bd54e78405.png

Here is the full frame image.  Constructive criticism is always welcome:

LHaRGB_Master_Final.thumb.png.b8ebf3328ccfbefbd3c1588dd0d1eb1d.png

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Knighty2112 said:

No criticism from me. Very nice image! 😀

Many thanks.  I am pretty pleased with it. I think I am finally feeling more comfortable with PixInsight 😀  Love the Sagan quote.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Adreneline said:

I really like the depth you have achieved in the galaxy, and all the better for the bonus SN.

Adrian

Many thanks.  It was pretty cool to be able to catch a supernova as well.

• Like 1