NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Venus - The Phantom of the 'UV' or 69? (19/05/23)

Kon

Awful conditions for capturing high resolution images. I managed a UV capture before clouds rolled it. I can see the phantom of the opera 'UV'  but if I flip to the correct way round a 69. @NenoVento has similar features in his post so it is not just my imagination. 8" Dob, manual, asi462mm, 2.5xTV powermate, Astromania UV filter. Resized 150%.

image.png.eeb60b1e48d3f3067ba85575253ae912.pngimage.png.216895330690fcccb5b70f734c0813a1.png

Edited by Kon
  • Like 4

• Kon changed the title to Venus - The Phantom of the 'UV' or 69? (19/05/23)

Hi @Kon, the one at the top is pretty similar all right. It really is amazing what can be done with the gear that is available to us nowadays... My vote goes to the 69 (or at least a 9) in the bottom image. By the way, which one is the proper orientation?

3 minutes ago, NenoVento said:

Hi @Kon, the one at the top is pretty similar all right. It really is amazing what can be done with the gear that is available to us nowadays... My vote goes to the 69 (or at least a 9) in the bottom image. By the way, which one is the proper orientation?

It's funny the games our eyes play. I agree at least a 9 and something next to it 😂. The bottom is the right orientation. 

1 hour ago, Space Cowboy said:

Still nice detail though softer from the poorer seeing. Plenty of phantom cloud here last night but not on Venus 😉

Thanks. Yes very soft. It's looking promising today but very windy.