Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

International Space Station in colour (16/05/23)

Another ISS pass under awful seeing again last night. This time I opted for the colour camera as I enjoy bringing out the colours. Not super sharp but happy with the result. I am intrigued with the shadow on one of the HRS Radiators in the second image  as I have not seen it before. I know a new Radiator was installed in one of the modules and it is maybe capturing it?  First image at approach  from the W horizon and second overhead (looks much larger).  8" Dob, manual tracking, asi462mc, 2.5xTV powermate, UV/IR cut filter.

1.png.a8cdd6b15eda0992986e0d57efe6e327.png    2.png.74d7469e087d78e1daf455f00c4077a6.png

• Like 21

9 hours ago, Neil_104 said:

That's an amazing capture showing really good structural detail - as you mention, being able to spot shadows cast by specific components - mind blowing!

Thanks. I agree that's amazing what we can get especially with our simple setups. I wish the seeing was better.

3 minutes ago, maw lod qan said:

Amazing!

You have gotten very good at this with all the time and effort you've put in.

It definitely shows!

Thanks. I wish the weather was better to pull more details but I am very pleased what I get with my setup.