Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mercury 6-4-23 from North Cornwall

AstroNebulee

All before the Easter holidays I was planning on trying to image Mercury, so whilst on a 6 day Easter break from work. I finally managed to get an image. With a nice low flat horizon to the sea, I perched in a field. Lots of atmospheric chromatic aberration down there & visable in image.  It may not be much but it's a wow moment for me. Just amazed I could get anything, even if it's just showing a phase of the planet. 

Taken with Skywatcher 90mm on AZ5 mount with zwo asi120mc-s. X2 Barlow. 

Captured with Sharpcap and processed in Pipp, As3, registax and Ps. Heavily cropped. 

Lee 

Mercury-6-4-23.jpg

Edited by AstroNebulee
  • Like 10

14 minutes ago, bomberbaz said:

I think given your gear and its limitations, that is a fantastic image

Thank you Steve. That's very kind of you. I totally agree with you regarding the equipment but the little mak keeps punching above it's weight.

I'm looking forward to when Saturn and Jupiter are in the evening sky again to try the SM90 on them. As they were gone or completely past their best when I bought the scope. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee
Addition
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Space Cowboy said:

Mercury is a planet I've never captured. Well done!

Thank you. I was so happy to of finally captured an image of Mercury. I like to push my equipment to see what's possible. Don't laugh but I'd love to give Neptune a go. It will just be a blue dot but it would be there. 

Lee 

Edited by AstroNebulee