SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Venus UV April 7th

Space Cowboy

Finally got something half decent to post.  Seeing was better at first and despite issues with my old mono qhy5l-ii only running at only 17fps and 34ms (convinced its a driver issue)  I've got some cloud detail.

Auto Dob 250 & qhy5l-ii mono + bessel U + 3xtv = f15

20_14_02_lapl5_ap4 DYADIC ANALY.png

• Like 4

Second looks less smeared to me. Sharper structure. Looking pretty good if you ask me. Especially with the problems you mention.

Wish i could have a go but can only get on it after its cleared a tree. By which point its getting low. Will have to wait for its morning return.

12 minutes ago, neil phillips said:

Second looks less smeared to me. Sharper structure. Looking pretty good if you ask me. Especially with the problems you mention.

Wish i could have a go but can only get on it after its cleared a tree. By which point its getting low. Will have to wait for its morning return.

Thanks Neil. I'm not sure how much to sharpen as its not obvious what is artifacts and what is cloud structure. 

7 hours ago, Space Cowboy said:

Thanks Neil. I'm not sure how much to sharpen as its not obvious what is artifacts and what is cloud structure. 

With my limited experience, when I am in this situation, I take a few steps back in sharpening and see if they are there (but less obvious of course). 

16 hours ago, Kon said:

Nice set of images Stuart. The 25% stack seems sharper.

Thanks Kostas! Yes the other one is 75% stacked. So few frames to play with. I know this cam is capable of much more.  Problem with Venus is there's no real reference image as the cloud patterns constantly change.

• Like 1