SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Canon IS Binoculars - official support period for repair

Shimrod

There was a question on here a little while ago asking about where to get some Canon IS binoculars repaired as they were quite old. As I was browsing a Canon photography website I came across a link that points to the end date for support/repair for various Canon equipment including binoculars. This is probably of particular interest if you are thinking of buying second-hand. The link is to the Japanese website so I have included a cut & paste of the google translation for the binoculars below.

Canon Repair support period

image.thumb.png.35d59b99ec0157faf159c3b11d5f66d3.png

• Thanks 1

That's interesting!

Support for the latest 32mm series, that's based on new technology, is being withdrawn in 2026.

Yet all the current versions of the older 36, 42 and 50mm models are still being supported.

I wonder what that tells us? 

I'm certainly glad that for other reasons I decided to go for the 12x36 III rather than one of the 32mm models.

But I got a few more carefree years for my 12x36II(probably pushing 20yrs old then), then I’ll have to decide if I get a newer model. Interesting to see the 15c and 18x are not going anywhere soon.

thanks

peter

Edited by PeterW
Addition
  • Like 1