Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I Phone 11 aurora performance

Im really happy with my I Phone 11 performance on the aurora the other night. Up to ISO 3200 the phone has pretty low noise and after that it falls apart. I heard the new I Phone 12 has an even better camera- is this true?

Heres the noise comparison:

noise1.thumb.jpg.5190e72b9b65ac2febf08c33a3c696f9.jpgnoise.thumb.png.5bbcd8b39a9898401be8783e696d5960.png

Edited by jetstream
  • Like 9

Awesome photos, Gerry. We’re all the way up to an iPhone 14 now with the 15 coming later this year. I have an 11 which I agree is very good. There are some great captures from some members using an iPhone 14 Pro on here. Apple seem to add improvements to the cameras every year. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

We’re all the way up to an iPhone 14 now with the 15 coming later this year.

Maybe Apple is keeping Canada behind the technology curve and they've only released up to 12 there. 😉

• Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Louis D said:

Maybe Apple is keeping Canada behind the technology curve and they've only released up to 12 there. 😉

Yes! Thats it! and its the reason I thought it was the new one, couldnt be me and lack of knowledge thats for sure 🙄😂

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Those are awesome, lucky you have such a clear sky up there in the deep sticks, Gerry.

Thank you- that evening had a great sequence of events. The moon had just set, the sky was clear and the sky darkness (-the aurora) is about 21.6 right now, adding vg contrast. It was a stunning sight and the images at ISO 2500 or less looked the same visually as the images but really dynamic.

• Like 1