NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Aurora. Lochaber and The Small Isles. 26/27th February

A couple of Aurora shots from last Sunday evening. These are taken from a mile or so north of Arisaig with the first picture looking over towards the Isle of Rum. A magical night and fortunate to be in the right place at the right time! 

7AB978F4-D2D0-46CD-97BB-B0064A78084D.jpeg

B371A367-4E6B-405D-B051-3D7BD0CF5415.jpeg

• Like 27

Beautiful. My wife and I were at the beach just north of Arisaig, off of Portnaluchaig a few years ago when the sky was crystal clear. The stars were out of this world (HA!).

If I can offer one slight criticism, it's very minor and obviously down to personal taste, but I feel that your colour saturation is a tad too high. I feel it's making the images look a bit over-processed. They are very nicely composited. But that's the only thing i can say other than well done and lucky you to have been there. 

I've been curious to know if the lights were seen around there and near Onich (where we were staying). 

Again, it's all subjective of course, so please don't take it as me picking holes in your work, but i played around in PS and this is what i came out with. What do you think?

nl1.jpg.9d7bbcfcad4d761343667e9953b9668c.jpgnl2copy.thumb.jpg.45d4265f1956b93608a55ff6ac7dcb70.jpg

Cheers

Many thanks for the kind words and comments and I very much take your point about the colours. I think I was still in "wow" mode when I made the edits so the likelihood was to go "more is more". I'm back at home now so I will certainly revisit the (many) shots I have again.

These were taken at Portnaluchaig (well spotted!) so very little light pollution at all, apart from the moon. I was just about to turn in when the alerts started arriving. The next hour or two was spent just watching the sky dancing - an experience that I will never forget.

Thanks again for your comments!

Jim

• Like 3