Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Reprocess of NGC2236 - Rosette Nebula

RichieJarvis

It's nice Rich, but the stars are all tear shaped, did a dodgy sub sneak in there?

I love those dark pillars, wish I had the kit to get in real close in on them. You coming to Lucksall btw? Be great to meet up.

Hi Richie

I must be turning into Gordon!

One of me is quite enough thankyou! Nice image, with good detail in the dark filaments, are you going to add the SII data sometime?

Best wishes

Gordon

Hehe Gordon :) Nope - I don't have an SII filter yet, and tbh, I think I am going to buy an Hb filter before I get an SII filter (RGB instead of RGR)

@TJ - just checked the subs - I wonder whether the camera was exactly in the focuser drawer tube for these subs :) It doesn't look like coma to me, as the stars are not stretched in different directions radiating from the centre.

To be honest, I am getting fed up with the lack on consistancy in attaching cameras to scopes - a 2" tube with a single screw just isn't up to scratch ;) Bear in mind I am constantly changing scopes, putting FR's inline and outta line. Everything is screw fitting, apart from the connection to the 'scopes.

The only solution I have found for this is these Self-Centre T-Adaptors: HoTech - Ultimate Green Laser with Flashlights, Green Laser, green laser pointer, green, laser sight, gunsight, telescope, laser collimator, laser mount, astronomy product, green laser with flashlight.reen Laser, green laser pointer, green laser astr - I did contact Hotech a while ago, but they haven't replied :eek:

Anyone else got a good solution??

Cheers,

Richie

My only solution to the pesky fitting issue is not to mix cmameras-scopes-adapters but rather find one combination that works snugly and stick to it. (I also rail against cutouts and brass compression rings whenever I possibly can! Until they are standardized we would be better off without any of them.)

Olly

Archived