Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Close up Tadpoles

Magnum

Captured IC410 the Tadpole Nebula twice on Monday night, the Widefield I posted couple of days ago using my OSC, and here is the close up version with my Mono cam on the Big Meade.

4 hours of data 7 x 10 mins in Ha + 17 x 10 mins in Oiii Atik 460EX Mono CCD Baader Narrowband filters Meade 127 F7.5 Series 5000 triplet refractor.

Guided, Captured, stacked and stretched in MaximDL, Star removal in Starnet++V2 experimental for Mac M1, Processed in Photoshop.

IC410FB.jpg

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, assouptro said:

Love this! 

I have a version of the same area that I dedicated over 30 hours to with my 12” meade lx200 sct 

I think your version is gorgeous 

Thanks for sharing 

Bryan

Thanks i would kike to see that image, as i also own a 12” lx200 which is setup in my Dome but ive only used it for planets so far as i can never get it to guide well enough for deep sky. i could put it on my EQ8 in my roll off roof obs but that would mean taking my other 4 smaller scopes off, and dont want to do that. Seems a shame though as i think  the 12” would be great for small stuff.

lee

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Magnum said:

Thanks i would kike to see that image, as i also own a 12” lx200 which is setup in my Dome but ive only used it for planets so far as i can never get it to guide well enough for deep sky. i could put it on my EQ8 in my roll off roof obs but that would mean taking my other 4 smaller scopes off, and dont want to do that. Seems a shame though as i think  the 12” would be great for small stuff.

lee

Thanks Lee

I hope to own an eq8 or equivalent one day, at the moment I am carefully balancing it on my azeq6 on a homemade pier! 

I have tested many reducer/flatteners over the years and settled on the (not so cheap) Starizona LF focal reducer/flattener, if controls the stars well, good enough to even use it for mosaic imaging with my Atik383, I haven’t tried it with a bigger chip yet, no Autofocuser, just bahtinov mask and lack of sleep! 
I will post the image soon, I’ve not finished processing it yet and after seeing yours I’m tempted to start again! 

Thanks again 

Bryan