SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Any Skywatcher Esprit 120 users out there….maybe you can help….

I have a question regards the Esprit 120 flattener, I have got one from someone who was selling it second hand, and it has arrived, and came with the end caps fitted, one side of the flattener goes onto the scope focuser, M65 female threads I believe, but the other side just has M66 male threads, so should there not have been an M66 to M48 adapter with it, as the guy says that he has nothing like that with it when he bought from FLO 3  years ago…?
It seems pretty useless without an adapter as there is no way to attach a camera to it…what comes with them now when they are bought new…??
Seems odd that it would be supplied without a camera adapter, as I have searched and there does not seem to be any such M66 to M48 adapter available anywhere….🤔🤔
Any ideas….??

Yes it should include the adaptor, I remember my Esprit 100 having one on both sides. I seem to remember a few years ago there were a batch shipped with missing adaptors, can't see how the seller has ever used it if the adaptor was never included. Might be worth asking FLO if they can help.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SamAndrew said:

Yes it should include the adaptor, I remember my Esprit 100 having one on both sides. I seem to remember a few years ago there were a batch shipped with missing adaptors, can't see how the seller has ever used it if the adaptor was never included. Might be worth asking FLO if they can help.

Thanks, the seller only ever used for visual….will contact FLO

My 2nd hand esprit 120 came with flattener and the 2 part adapter for attaching it to cameras was missing, I had one made and when it arrived from usa it was threaded wrong (my fault) so £120 out of pocket, anyhow I managed to pick one up here off this forum for £30. If you download the esprit 120 manual towards the end it shows you all about attaching cameras and the adapter. There are 2 versions, a 1 piece or a 2 piece adapter. Is it me or are the threads on these flatteners really uncommon?

• Thanks 1