Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC2264

Robculm

Hi all,

It's been a while since I imaged / posted anything what with rubbish weather & other distractions, but finally made it out an the recent run of clear nights and had a go at this not particularly 'original', but lovely none the less target!

By no means perfect, but I'm reasonably pleased with the results 🙂

Comments welcome.

All the best, 

Rob

image.thumb.jpeg.0604e31cfa3c1cb5642572a9496465be.jpeg

• Like 5

Thanks 🙂

Hi Olly, yes, I did struggle with the colour! I typically use a UHC filter for nebulae, which would have accentuated the red / blue, but I tried without this time as I'd hope to capture some of the yellow colour I've seen on other images of this target. To be honest, looking at those other images now, I'm not sure the yellow is 'real' anyway and maybe I should be capping the green & concentrating on blue / red?!

I've also found that adding in the UHC filter causes unpleasant halo's around bright stars like this (Altinak):

image.png.aee16266b86f1e1792e328b3cbbb2fb6.png

I guess just due to the extra 'surfaces', or perhaps I just need a better filter! But for now generally avoiding to use it!

Cheers,

Rob