Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I Made a Handle

Sunshine

My alt-az mount never had a handle, I was able to move it by hand by moving the diagonal but I wasn’t keen on applying force to the diagonal while viewing, I wanted to be able to hold a handle just like one would with a fluid head video camera head. Then I noticed the bottom of the saddle has screw holes so I got a length of tubing and drilled a couple of screw holes in it. Once I installed it I realized I had cut it too short so I epoxied on a shorter section of slightly larger tubing to fit into the original tubing then found a rubber hand grip. It isn’t the most beautiful of my works but it functions perfectly. It seems a bit long but if you can imagine me sitting and leaning forward while looking into the eyepiece, this handle allows me to have by elbows resting on my knees while I am gently moving the handle, it eliminates my having to hold my arm up to move the handle, a much more stable motion.352AB349-2C2E-47A7-9390-D436DFD2D111.thumb.jpeg.1f71985244ea246b66577a3b6813b022.jpeg

Edited by Sunshine
  • Like 4