NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M45 , Redcat51, ASIAir Mini, 2600MC, AM5

david_taurus83

First light with all the ASI stuff. Wow! I can see why everyone raves about the ASIAir. Setup is very simple and it works really well with its own kit. Very pleased with it. Also the AM5 mount worked a treat. Guided under 0.8" RMS over the 2 good nights we had last week. I didn't have to throw a single sub. The 2600MC. Needs no introduction really. The single subs didn't look much better than what my 6D can produce, but put them all together? Different story completely. I didn't think it was possible to capture the faint stuff from my bortle 6 location. I'm going to enjoy this little setup I think.

I jumped on the BlurX wagon with this, couldn't see much gains in the nebula (image scale is 3.1"pp) but the stars are sharpened and smaller. Not one for pixel peeping this one though its not intended as such. 

140 x 120s subs gain 100

Optolong L-Pro filter

M45 v1.jpg

• Like 8

7 hours ago, Stuart1971 said:

Super image….👏🏻

Did you by any chance use the Noise reduction before using BlurX, as there are some artefacts on the stars that seem to be caused by this, I found this out when re doing some of my data…BlurX needs to be used first….

Thanks Stuart. No, I used BlurX in place of deconvolution after DBE. Normally would only try deconvolution on a mono image so it was an extra step with this. NoiseX came after before colour calibration.

If your taking about the flaring on bright stars, I sometimes get this with the Redcat. I had similar artifacts a few years ago with an Altair 70mm quad as well and offset halos when using a filter. Myself and Emil swapped filters at the time to try out as he also had halos on his quad. We both concluded it was just a thing with these quad designs.

• Like 1