Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Seeking N.I.N.A quick start guide

No matter what I do I can't get NINA discord to talk to me.. I have an excellent AstoPixelPocessor quick start guide by Charles Bracken. APP is good stuff.

I want to move on from Nebulosity  as my acquisition program so that my QHY camera is controlled correctly.

Any pointers?

Chris

Scotty38 & lbbo!

Watching videos when your internet connection is via satellite is a last resort, the satellite delays disrupt the flow. Some provides will not talk to you if you only have satellite connection to the net.

Chris

4 hours ago, muletopia said:

Scotty38 & lbbo!

Watching videos when your internet connection is via satellite is a last resort, the satellite delays disrupt the flow. Some provides will not talk to you if you only have satellite connection to the net.

Chris

Oh ok, in that case I'd just look at the documentation. You have the link above for the overview (which is linked in this doc too btw):

https://nighttime-imaging.eu/docs/master/site/

Onikkinen

In daylight today I followed the guide, connected camera and mount and went to imaging with the camera gain set to 3. The target was correctly entered from the selected target in CDC planitarium program.

The first time I started a sequence the scope slewed correctly But on subsequent invocations of NINA,  with connect all chosen and compelted,  it would not slew, why?

Any way, NINA advised that a new version is available, so I installed it and tomorrow I will see how that goes.

Chris

17 minutes ago, muletopia said:

Onikkinen

In daylight today I followed the guide, connected camera and mount and went to imaging with the camera gain set to 3. The target was correctly entered from the selected target in CDC planitarium program.

The first time I started a sequence the scope slewed correctly But on subsequent invocations of NINA,  with connect all chosen and compelted,  it would not slew, why?

Any way, NINA advised that a new version is available, so I installed it and tomorrow I will see how that goes.

Chris

Does it give an error or a reason as to why it did not slew? The scope will not slew if there are limits in place, like the mount being parked in EQMOD, or if you have set elevation limits annd those are met. Usually NINA gives an error of some kind in case it doesn't do what you commanded it to.

30 minutes ago, muletopia said:

Onikkinen

Also, some forum usage tips. If you write a users name like this they will not see it in their notifications feed, i just happened to stumble on this post again this time.

You can write "@" without the quotation marks and the name of the user you want to reach and it will create a mention like this: @muletopia which can be seen in the notifications. You can also click the "quote" button for a comment and that will send a notification to whoever wrote the comment you are quoting.

23 hours ago, ONIKKINEN said:

Also, some forum usage tips. If you write a users name like this they will not see it in their notifications feed, i just happened to stumble on this post again this time.

You can write "@" without the quotation marks and the name of the user you want to reach and it will create a mention like this: @muletopia which can be seen in the notifications. You can also click the "quote" button for a comment and that will send a notification to whoever wrote the comment you are quoting.

OK I tried the quote button,thanks for the usage lesson

Chris

On 05/12/2022 at 20:26, ONIKKINEN said:

Does it give an error or a reason as to why it did not slew? The scope will not slew if there are limits in place, like the mount being parked in EQMOD, or if you have set elevation limits annd those are met. Usually NINA gives an error of some kind in case it doesn't do what you commanded it to.

Onikknen,

Some good progress,

Everything is set to capture a sequence slewing o target at the start and park the mount at the end of the sequence.

I used the total and amount buttons to increase the time and number of frames. This is slow  is there some way to type in the desired values?

Chris

1 hour ago, muletopia said:

Onikknen,

Some good progress,

Everything is set to capture a sequence slewing o target at the start and park the mount at the end of the sequence.

I used the total and amount buttons to increase the time and number of frames. This is slow  is there some way to type in the desired values?

Chris

I am using an old version of NINA so it may have changed but have you tried clicking on the number itself? Click on the number and it allows you to type the number instead of pushing the + button 120 times.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ONIKKINEN said:

I am using an old version of NINA so it may have changed but have you tried clicking on the number itself? Click on the number and it allows you to type the number instead of pushing the + button 120 times.

It hasn't changed, clicking in the fields to edit should still work.

On 08/12/2022 at 20:35, scotty38 said:

It hasn't changed, clicking in the fields to edit should still work.

I did that but could not read the fields to see what , if anything, I had entered. There is a faint hint of text in the stippled background, So I tried to set high contrast, to no avail. What is it that I have missed this time?

Chris

3 hours ago, muletopia said:

I did that but could not read the fields to see what , if anything, I had entered. There is a faint hint of text in the stippled background, So I tried to set high contrast, to no avail. What is it that I have missed this time?

Chris

I'm not sure you've missed anything but some of the colour combos can be a bit hard to read certain things and I created a custom one for that very reason. Have you tired any of the others just to see if it is indeed just the colours?.

On 10/12/2022 at 23:29, scotty38 said:

I'm not sure you've missed anything but some of the colour combos can be a bit hard to read certain things and I created a custom one for that very reason. Have you tired any of the others just to see if it is indeed just the colours?.

Thanks Scotty38,

I had a fiddle with the custom settings and yes  now the typed entries are just discernible. The terminology I find confusing, I tried to set black text on a white background but failed to do so. How is it one?

Chris

On 12/12/2022 at 20:06, scotty38 said:

Primary and background may be the text boxes you're speaking of, looking at my colours anyway....

Well, I did not get black on white but it was just readable. For a test run I captured  five 3 minute exposures of the Helix nebula (NGC 7293). Yes NINA drove the camera correctly at gain 3 after cooling it. at the end of the sequence NINA parked the scope and warmed the camera.

I have yet to take darks and flats at gain3, something else to learn in NINA.

All processing was done with ASTRO PIXEL PROCESSER

Attached are images , the bright one is 3 and a half hours captured with Nebulosity at gain 0. The pail one is captured with NINA, The images are post and pre meridian respectively.

I'll put my equipment list fixed to my posts when I know how. But for now

Takahahathi Mewlon 250 ( older 3 vane model, hence the 6 spike stars,Mesu Mount 200 Mk1. Permanently mounted on very rigid pier in my back yard observatory, a Sirius  dome. 700mm guide scope, 200mm guide scope ,for Sharpcap

Software NINA Sharpcap, Sidereal technology  (mount control an model making),Astro Pixel Processor Nebulosity Astroart7

Just to make you jealous the back yard is a Bortle 1 site.

Thank you for your extensive help

Chris

APPfirst-13-12-2022.jpg

APPfifth29-22-2022.jpg

• Like 1