Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

A Long Wait, but what the hell!.

barkis

I ordered the book, Photoshop Astronomy by R.Scott Ireland from the US. via Amazon UK. The Postman delivered it this morning, after being in transit for 19 days. They did stipulate 12-24 business days, so they were well within that. I paid £39.74 Including postage, which I thought very reasonable, so all in all I'm pleased.

The Book seems excellent, as Dave (Centroid? indicated in one of his posts earlier in the year. I now have some processing help handy, so I just need to get the data do do so now.;).

Ron.:rolleyes:

Let me know how you get on with it.

I have been contemplating getting hold of that one.

Cheers,

Dave

I sure will Dave, but if you would like to know about it now, you could ask Dave (Centroid) as he bought it too, and as I remember, he was Impressed with it. By the time I have fumbled my way through it, you may have lost interest.;)

Ron.:rolleyes:

Yep, I still am impressed Ron, and although I've read it 'cover to cover', I still refer back to it.

Hope you find it as informative as I do ;).

Dave, if you process astro images in Photoshop, then IMO, this is 'the book'.

Dave

Yep, I still am impressed Ron, and although I've read it 'cover to cover', I still refer back to it.

Hope you find it as informative as I do :rolleyes:.

Dave, if you process astro images in Photoshop, then IMO, this is 'the book'.

Dave

I'm certain it will be a big help to me Dave, I've only briefly perused it's pages, but I'm looking forward to developing some PS skills.

I have been tied up with gardening chores whilst the good weather persists. SWMBO, is Clerk of Works while it lasts.;)

Ron.:hello2:

There are numerous operations involving Layers Doc. and they seem to be very well described. I bought the book myself in order to educate myself in some of Photoshops capabilities. I know there are books dedicated to the teaching of PS. but I am happy to utilise the procedures dedicated to astro image processing, and I believe the book will do that very well. I also think a better understanding of PS in general, will be a useful side effect of using the procedures described in the various chapters.

Ron.;)

Archived