Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Kodak Pixpro?

Dark Adaptation

So I've been curious about what camera would be good for astrophotography, and whether a really expensive DSLR would be strictly necessary. I would only want something for amateur photography, not really deep sky objects. There's one I found, would this be a good camera? If I attached it to a telescope with an adapter, perhaps? I'm very amateur, so I wouldn't know 😅.

As above - to attach a camera to a telescope the lens needs to come off.  However, remember that you don't need a telescope to take nice interesting pictures of the sky.  Any camera mounted on a tripod which has some control over appature and exposure can be used to take wide field images of the stars with each being exposed for a few seconds, you can then experiment with 'stacking' using freeware to see the effect.  However, if you have to buy a camera, then get a full DSLR with a removeable lens.