NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Saturn - with issues.

legion48

I took a dozen or more avi's of Saturn on the 31st. I used 2 different Toucams, a x2 barlow, a x4 barlow, I shot at 5fps and 10 fps. I pretty much mixed it up as much as I could, except for using the one scope (Skymax 150 Pro) but they all ended up with this strange area on the lower left hand limb. Is this a sign of poor collimation I wonder?

sat-5fps-0-2.jpg

I think you need to align the red/green/blue channels in registax.

Never done it myself, but I suspect a small nudge on one of the channels will sort that.

Apart from that it's a cracker! I do miss colour!!!

Ant

Hi, Nice image. I've been trying to get an image like this for ages well, a whole month as I am a newby. My image is always out of focus no matter how much time I spend trying to get the focus right. The main thing I have noticed with the images I've captured over the last month is that they always have a red hue showing above one of Saturn's poles and a blue hue on the other. I use an RGB align to fix the image but still out of focus.

I have been trying to collimate the scope (Skywatcher 250P) and although the latest images are better than the previous, perhaps I have not got it right yet. It would be handy if someone could say if this kind of affect is due to collimation errors.

Still, very impressed with your image.

Cheers

John

Hi Tony, I have in the imaging section, see: Imaging Saturn Help Needed.

Havn't had that particular question answered though. I expect that someone is going to get their ear chewed off at the autumn star party though, I still have plenty of questions. lol

Cheers

John

Archived