Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 2403 on 29 March

661-pete

This one was trickier than I expected, my mount doesn't seem too happy about pointing this far north (NGC2403 = Caldwell 7 in Camelopardis is one of the northernmost bright galaxies) and the unguided subs showed a fair bit of trailing, not easy to remove (the uneven 'haloes' around the bright stars are trailing artefacts not coma). Still I've got some sort of result for the galaxy itself I suppose...

14 x 3min, ISO1600, usual setup 350D on Europa250.

ngc240329mar09013r.jpg

WOW, that's tight for 3 min's unguided.;):headbang:
FocusMagic helped out, and deserves some of the credit rather than me! Without some deconvolution the result would have been unpresentable...:rolleyes:

- when u gonna start guiding??? ;)
Thanks, and good point Richie - and simple answer - when the £s turn into ££££££s again! :rolleyes: (in my case would be even better if they were €€€€€€s!). I'd need an EQ6 for starters (my old mount cannae take it cap'n), a suitable refractor and a modest CCD plus all the right software. Have to defer this for the time being!

• 2 weeks later...

Archived