Head Torch Recommendations?

46 minutes ago, ScouseSpaceCadet said:

Very nice Paul. They're not a well known brand or particularly swanky looking, but they are really comfy for those of us with huge craniums and work really well. Some of the red light torches people use at camps are ridiculously bright and unnecessary.  Also this brand is dirt cheap so no biggie if they get lost...

That was very polite, 'huge craniums' 😅

I agree with your comment on people using them at star parties that are so bright they are really dazzling.  I've seen this at Kelling far too often.  I took mine outside in the dark to test it to make sure it wasn't too bright. 

I suspect some head torches suggested on SGL (not necessarily in the present post) fall into the category of being not fit for purpose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 29/10/2022 at 21:37, Andyb90 said:

Thanks for the suggestions. I also found a Nitecore headlamp (NU25) to add to the list of options.

One issue I had with my old headlamp is that it must have knocked against the inside of my bag and turned itself on. I only realised when I went to grab it for a session and the batteries were virtually dead. So I'll probably go with a headlamp that has a locking function.

I have a couple of Nitecore torches, a head torch and a handtorch. Both rechargeable, both have done two years Saudi desert no issues. The head torch has separate buttons for red and white light