Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

M50 mk2 to telescope

I’m new to Astro photography,I have a bresser nano telescope and a canon m50 mk2 camera, I can’t get the camera to focus on anything whilst connected to the telescope ? I read the camera needed to be set has bulb but still not focused correctly, can anyone help with this. 

14 hours ago, Jaypl1972 said:

Hello

Thank for replying,The scope is a AR80 nano refractor, I have a mount adapter on my camera with a t2 adapter connecting the scope, I have set the camera to manual and on the bulb settings. 

Refractors normally require an extension tube approximately the same length as the distance lost by the removal of the diagonal.

• Like 1

The focal length of the AR80 is 640mm.

So roughly measure 640mm from the front glass elements.

That will give you an approximate idea of where the camera sensor needs to be located to be in focus.

The M50 with the usual long T2 Adapter will measure 55mm from the sensor to the end of the adapter.

Then add a stock-length extension, using the OTA focuser to make the total spacing correct.

You can roughly focus during the day on a distant landmark.

Use daytime camera settings and LiveView.

Then fine tune on the moon (fast exposures), and then stars.

Michael