NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The weights of things?

Roog

Does anyone know of a published/accessible schedule showing weights of astro gear please?

I ask because lots of manufacturers just seem to quote the shipped weights which often come out much higher than I would expect.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Roog said:

Does anyone know of a published/accessible schedule showing weights of astro gear please?

I ask because lots of manufacturers just seem to quote the shipped weights which often come out much higher than I would expect.

I'd be interested to know this, weight of gear is something that exercises me both in terms for what I can carry and what my mounts can bear. I normally just google for "<name of item> specifications" and fingers crossed the specs include nett weight.

I got info on my telescope regarding weights from the details of the item on the FLO web.

I suppose it could possibly be available on manufacturers sites as well.

Or email them, Celestron have always been pretty quick with coming back with any questions I’ve had.

Edited by Andy ES
Extra info!

5 hours ago, Roog said:

Oddly I assumed that this might be something that loads of astro geeks might have done?

Most only have a few items and research what they are buying at the time, so there is no pressing reason to have all the weights listed in one place.

On the other hand, you are an astro geek too and you've stuck your head above the parapet now!

I eagerly await the definitive "Roog's" list of equipment weights...:evil:

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Pompey Monkey said:

Most only have a few items and research what they are buying at the time, so there is no pressing reason to have all the weights listed in one place.

On the other hand, you are an astro geek too and you've stuck your head above the parapet now!

I eagerly await the definitive "Roog's" list of equipment weights...:evil:

I take your point @Pompey Monkey I will weigh my Astro gear once I have bought some Astrophotography gear in the mean time I did weight my Dob on its trolley it came out at 50kg! Needed to check for my back door lift capacity. :0)

no I wasn’t thinking of a person stash of data more a collective built up by a group with similar interests, like this very fine forum.

• Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Roog said:

I take your point @Pompey Monkey I will weigh my Astro gear once I have bought some Astrophotography gear in the mean time I did weight my Dob on its trolley it came out at 50kg! Needed to check for my back door lift capacity. :0)

no I wasn’t thinking of a person stash of data more a collective built up by a group with similar interests, like this very fine forum.

It's usually very friendly in this smidge of the internet, yes.

And @iapa has already shown what we can do. :)