NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Has anyone used 'Dew Control' Heater Straps?

Hi all,

I found 'Dew Control' heater straps via Google and see they offer a 2.1mm connector, which would be useful as I plan to order an Asiair Plus.

Does anyone use these straps? Would you recommend them?

Regards,

Andy

50 minutes ago, Paul M said:

I have 2 on my 10in Newt and one on the finder/Guider. No problems with them in the couple of years I had them.

I use their own 4 channel dew controller also. 

Sounds like something I’d be interested in for my Newtonian have you got a link for them? 

I've just bought a couple from them. What I liked was that they offer a 2.1mm plug option, which allowed me to plug straight into my ASIAir, and they can provide the lead length needed, so I din't have to have 2m of lead to try to stow neatly. They seem well enough made and they work, though I've only used them once so far. I'd have no hesitation in buying again.

Ian

• Like 2

On 20/10/2022 at 07:43, The Admiral said:

I've just bought a couple from them. What I liked was that they offer a 2.1mm plug option, which allowed me to plug straight into my ASIAir, and they can provide the lead length needed, so I din't have to have 2m of lead to try to stow neatly. They seem well enough made and they work, though I've only used them once so far. I'd have no hesitation in buying again.

Ian

Great, thats even better if they can provide a shorter lead length.

2 hours ago, Andyb90 said:

Great, thats even better if they can provide a shorter lead length.

Just a heads up, they say to write what lead length needed in the notes box, but it wasn't obvious where the box is. I needed to tick a tick-box in order to reveal it.

Ian

• Like 1

20 hours ago, The Admiral said:

Just a heads up, they say to write what lead length needed in the notes box, but it wasn't obvious where the box is. I needed to tick a tick-box in order to reveal it.

Ian

Ok, thanks for the tip.