NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Burnham’s celestial handbooks on Kindle?

JeremyS

Would like to have these on my iPad. Amazon site lists Kindle option, but doesn’t seem available 

A few websites seem to have a pdf version. Not sure how safe these sites are tho. The US archive site has it, but only sample pages available without registering 

Anyone had success ?

Edited by JeremyS

• JeremyS changed the title to Burnham’s celestial handbooks on Kindle?

So I got one of those “based on your recent browsing we recommend” Amazon emails this AM, pointing me to Burnham’s on Kindle. This time the Kindle button was active so I downloaded vol 1. The other two are also available 

On 22/10/2022 at 11:25, JeremyS said:

So I got one of those “based on your recent browsing we recommend” Amazon emails this AM, pointing me to Burnham’s on Kindle. This time the Kindle button was active so I downloaded vol 1. The other two are also available 

What device where you trying to buy from? If using the Amazon app on android, you can no longer buy digital content as Amazon have to pay 30% to Google (a condition of the Play store). The same may be true of Apple - however on that same device if you go to the Amazon website using the browser you can purchase digital content.

2 minutes ago, Shimrod said:

What device where you trying to buy from? If using the Amazon app on android, you can no longer buy digital content as Amazon have to pay 30% to Google (a condition of the Play store). The same may be true of Apple - however on that same device if you go to the Amazon website using the browser you can purchase digital content.

iPhone and iPad. Amazon app on both 

1 hour ago, Shimrod said:

I've just checked - you can't buy kindle books through the App on iPhone and iPad either - you have to use the website.  https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=GDZF9S2BRW5NWJCW

Thanks. That is interesting. I noticed when I followed the link from the Amazon email to the kindle download for Burnham’s, it asked me if I wanted to open the App just as it always does. I said yes, but I now see that it overrules it and goes to the website instead, where I can download