Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

ooo its been a while....

Jarvo

****Updated****

A thousand thank yous to that lovely Mr Neil Phillips from this forum for giving me a perfect steer on processing.

And its taken me all this time to remember how to do this stuff.....and I lost all my data somewhere between packing up last night and now. Managed to find one full .SER in the trash bin but 6 others lost forever.

Anyway, Jupiter is now high enough over the lip on the observatory to let loose the full 9.25 inches of glory of my beloved Celestron SCT.

Still getting the sickly orange glow on the QHY290 IIIC and I've tried all sorts.  :)

Fair bit of detail though so pretty pleased (actually now very happy) with the results. 

Great Red Spot (I planned that all by myself) and the Moons are left to right Ganymede, Io is transiting and it looks like it is casting its shadow too and Europa last (Hope I've interpreted Sky & Telescopes Jovian Moon Tools correctly :) ) *Couple of spots and a barge visible now :) 

Other bits of info. 2 x Apo Barlow, processed in PIPP then in Registax 5000 frames stacked, RGB Alignment and a tweak of the Wavelets. Finally subtle adjustments in Gimp.

Thanks for looking

Steve

23_31_54_RGB_GIMP_Balanced.jpg

Edited by Jarvo
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Jarvo said:

And its taken me all this time to remember how to do this stuff.....and I lost all my data somewhere between packing up last night and now. Managed to find one full .SER in the trash bin but 6 others lost forever.

Anyway, Jupiter is now high enough over the lip on the observatory to let loose the full 9.25 inches of glory of my beloved Celestron SCT.

Still getting the sickly orange glow on the QHY290 IIIC and I've tried all sorts.

Fair bit of detail though so pretty pleased (actually very happy) with the results. 

Great Red Spot (I planned that all by myself) and the Moons are left to right Ganymede, Io is transiting and it looks like it is casting its shadow too and Europa last (Hope I've interpreted Sky & Telescopes Jovian Moon Tools correctly :) )

Other bits of info. 2 x Apo Barlow, processed in PIPP then in Registax 5000 frames stacked, RGB Alignment and a tweak of the Wavelets. Finally subtle adjustments in Gimp.

Thanks for looking

Steve

23_31_54_Post_Processing(750x).jpg

Hi Jarvo just click Auto balance on registax RGB Balance. Nice widefield

23_31_54_Post_Processing(750x).jpg.png

Edited by neil phillips
  • Like 2