Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Dslr live view remote

Bargee

Just starting out and trying to take photos of DSO. However I have hit my first problem. I’m using a Nikon 7200 which has a fixed screen. Is there anyway of getting live view image onto laptop or phone screen?  Also could do with it being brighter to aid finding target. 
Trying to view from below is not easy!

54 minutes ago, Bargee said:

phone screen

- Enable NFC on the 7200.

- Hold your 'phone near the card slot. 

- Open the app. I'm sure others will recommend their own favorite, but meanwhile this is Nikon's official version.

Use the same app to connect from further afield using e.g. your home network or from anywhere over Internet.

That's it.

Cheers, welcome and HTH

56 minutes ago, Bargee said:

I’m using a Nikon 7200 which has a fixed screen.

Hi

I assume the camera is the D7200, in which case it should have internal wifi so you can connect to a phone, iOS or Android, with the Nikon wireless mobility app. You can get live view that way, but not sure it's going to work with a dim DSO. You can also connect to a laptop via USB from the camera and use something like Digicam Control (free). That way you can get live view and maybe adjust the gain sufficiently to see what it's pointed at. Failing that, take a pic and see what you got and adjust the telescope approriately. Focus on a bright star before slewing to the DSO, that makes life easier. I started out that way with a D5300 with some success.