SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

no barlow Jupiter

It's not bad, but a C9.25 should be capable of more under the right conditions.  If you tell us what capture program you were using (Sharpcap?) and copy the camera setting file here we might have some tips.

The image looks like the focus could be better.  With Jupiter you can use the moons as focusing aids.

2 hours ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

It's not bad, but a C9.25 should be capable of more under the right conditions.  If you tell us what capture program you were using (Sharpcap?) and copy the camera setting file here we might have some tips.

The image looks like the focus could be better.  With Jupiter you can use the moons as focusing aids.

Thank you....yes I was using Sharpcap.   I will try using the moon for focus (will have to increase exposure for that?)  Here is the data sheet

Cheers

Roger 

01_42_40.CameraSettings - Shortcut.lnk

26 minutes ago, roger jerome said:

Thank you....yes I was using Sharpcap.   I will try using the moon for focus (will have to increase exposure for that?)  Here is the data sheet

Cheers

Roger 

01_42_40.CameraSettings - Shortcut.lnk 1.7 kB · 1 download

Hi Roger 

Good progress, every new image from you is better and better. On the off chance you misunderstood, Geoff meant using Jupiter’s moons rather than the moon. You’d probably have to increase the exposure for a second to get good focus, but after than you can lower it and do tiny tweaks using the visible planet features if needs be. 

Side note: an electronic focuser is invaluable for planetary imaging. Gets rid of the image shake as you don’t touch the scope to focus and even the cheapest options will work wonders above manual focusing.

Also had a brief look at your settings. One glaring issue is that your FPS is capped at 60fps. Make sure you set this to uncapped. 

Loving these posts, so keep em coming Roger!

Ross

Thank you so much Ross.  I do have an older Celestron motorized focusser....it's mounted to the regular focusser with one screw...I will have to hook that up more for these.  I do understand what you meant by focussing  on Jupiter's moons.....If I increase the field of view and bump up exposure a bit ....focus then set the exp and smaller ROI....can't wait to try that.   I will use that motor focusser to better advantage.  Also I was not aware that my asi 120 mc could get more than the 45fps or so I was getting;.....thank you for that input also

Cheers

Roger

3 hours ago, Cosmic Geoff said:

Thank you for your inputs....I can't wait to try focussing on the moons....I did send a data sheet

Cheers

Roger