NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

ZWO camera connection to Skywatcher Ex.

Hi guys. Is this the correct way to connect my ZWO camera to the scope (Skywatcher Ex. 150 PDS)?

Top from the left: coma corrector, M42M-M48F, T2-T2-adapter, M42M-M42F, Filter wheel, camera.

At the bottom: my standard setup. Will I not need any of those parts when imagining20220828_122003.thumb.jpg.efcc07f0385621e337c490d6d16a5857.jpg?

20220828_122012.jpg

Edited by Mikkel Kroman

• Mikkel Kroman changed the title to ZWO camera connection to Skywatcher Ex.
On 28/08/2022 at 11:37, Mikkel Kroman said:

Top from the left: coma corrector, M42M-M48F, T2-T2-adapter, M42M-M42F, Filter wheel, camera.

As you are using a Coma corrector and not a focal reducer, you may not need the spacers.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StevieDvd said:

As that looks a little like the Skywatcher 0.9x coma corrector (which needs 55mm back focus) you have the order correct.  But far too much in spacers when using the filter wheel, especially with the part on the camera side of the wheel.

Good spot. As the OP said Coma corrector, I didnt bother to look properly at the images. 🙂

2 hours ago, AstroMuni said:

Good spot. As the OP said Coma corrector, I didnt bother to look properly at the images. 🙂

I admit I'm no expert but I tend to retain what I've read and learned from others so it's only fair to pass it on.

just measure all the spacers to get to 55mm initially. You may need to tweak this a little once you take test images to get a little closer or a little further depending on the star patterns you get.

The back portion of your filter wheel should unscrew to allow the camera to screw directly into the wheel to keep the filters as close to the chip as possible.