Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Markarian Chain - 130mmAPO + QHY8

jcm

It was so windy last night ( 23-3-09) that I attached the QHY8 to the 130mm APO. This scope resists the strong winds better than the SCT , even so the auto guider had quite a difficult job.

I used guite a range of exposures 1min , 2min, 5min. Also , I tried various settings for the gain.

I think I am slowly getting the hang of using the QHY8.

John

post-13061-133877362331_thumb.jpg

This is proving to be a very popular target at the moment and you have certainly done it justice John :)

Billy...

I wanted something in the south east that was not too high so the near gale , from the north west , would not move the scope much. This is the last test image - time for a proper go at something , not sure what though !!

John

Good one John. And from what results I've seen from the QHY8 It's capability is established. Like most cameras, it has a learning curve, but you are well on the way going by this Image.

Ron.:)

Nice image John. Hope you find the ideal gain for your cam soon! You wont really get the best until you find it and stick to it.

The stars look a little saturated in this one perhaps, how are they looking on the fits files? There will be more info on the qhy forum, but on my qhy8 the centre of the bright stars show just about a maximum ADU reading. I dont even know if thats the proper way to tell, but it seems to work for me :)

Are you coming to the SGL4 star party btw?

Nice image John. Hope you find the ideal gain for your cam soon! You wont really get the best until you find it and stick to it.

The stars look a little saturated in this one perhaps, how are they looking on the fits files? There will be more info on the qhy forum, but on my qhy8 the centre of the bright stars show just about a maximum ADU reading. I dont even know if thats the proper way to tell, but it seems to work for me :)

Are you coming to the SGL4 star party btw?

I seem to be ending up with the gain about 30 , an Offset of 55 seems to be the correct value. At present I an checking that the settings for the C9.25 also are the ones to use for the 130mm APO.

Not planning to camp at the SGL4 , but It might be possible for me to visit on one day.

Sorry got Kelling Heath and the SGL mixed up - So Not Going To SGL 4

John

PS Just checked the fits files - yep the stars in the above image are completely saturated but the ones taken with the C9.25 are not.

Archived