SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

98% Moon above Glastonbury

I popped out on Friday to capture the moon over Glastonbury Tor.  It was rather warm and hazy, the moon had a lovely red hue to it that dissipated to purpleish, probably some Saharan dust in the atmosphere. Unfortunately this also meant that it was difficult to capture a sharp image.  In-between swatting mosquitoes I managed to capture a few images.

Taken with my Canon 6D and Sigma 150-600mm.  The first image (Wide) was at 150mm f/6.3, ISO800 and 5 seconds.  The second (Close) was at 600m f/6.3, ISO800 and 1/6th of a second.  I was just over 5 miles from the Tor.

Cows_too.jpg

Glasto_Red_Moon-2.jpg

Moon_lapse_Low_2.jpg

Edited by Zummerzet_Leveller
Added time-lapse
  • Like 14

9 minutes ago, Greymouser said:

perhaps a shame, you couldn't tease out more detail on the moon,

Thanks for the positive comment.  Yeah, I did try but pulling down the highlights, just made the moon grey.  I do have a shorter exposure of the moon at this focal length that I considered blending but thought I'd stick to the authentic and go with the single exposure.  One of the disadvantages of the 6D and its age is the lack of dynamic range.

Edited by Zummerzet_Leveller
Punctuation