NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

STARSENSE EXPLORER APP UPDATE - PLUS COMPATABILITY INFORMATION.

paulastro

On 08/09/2023 at 20:07, Timbo1001 said:

I'm still waiting for Celestron to get back to me. I have found all the reviews on Playstore and they ain't pretty! It's clear Celestron is trying to keep the reviews hidden by designating the app as in development. However googling Starsense Explorer Playstore and then by opening in a new tab (press and hold) up comes access to all the reviews.

The scope was considerably more expensive than the same spec sans SSE and the cost of a clean used galaxy a40 has probably set me back £250 and I still need to get another phone which I hope will work. I have little faith in the compatibility list now. (Or the YouTube shills).

I have gone from hoping celestron will help me iron out the glitches to believing that Celestron cannot be trusted and border on the dishonest.

The dob 8 is very good and when the SSE app works on another phone it is a game changer. Shame about the other stuff.

Celestron did get back to me and wanted me to save images and logs from the advanced menu. Then download to my pc before sending to them. For all sorts of reasons this doesn't work so I just sent a fuzzy out of focus screenshot of the cross hairs SSE alignment process. I'll see what they make of that. Not holding my breath. If another phone didn't work I'd pack it all up and post it back.