Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

M51 - 20-03-09 - Final QHY Test - C9.25

jcm

It was very murky last night. Decided to have a go at M51.

C9.25 at F6.3 , QHY8 ,

10 X 10mins. Wanted to try some longer exposures and try the gain at 40 rather than 30.

When I was packing up noticed one of the screws hold the camera was slack so the camera was not quite square on.

John

post-13061-133877361694_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting that John, I was thinking of trying that with my identical setup to yours, but instead wasted the whole night on the cats eye. Is that a cropped image?

I use the 32 bit tiffs from DSS, you'll find all the colour is there in those.

IMHO you'd be better finding your ideal gain setting during daylight, with a daylight shot. It really shouldn't be a trial and error affair, and once you find the ideal, stick with it.

Cheers

TJ

Very nice all the same, despite the non-square-ness!

I just hate it when that sort of thing happens.... Last night, I imaged M51 as well - got my LRGB, and switched over to Ha, and cropped to a star to focus, but forgot to untick the 'area' checkbox in MaximDL when I started the run - ended up shooting 9 perfectly focused single stars :)

D'oh!

Archived