Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

A second photo from my trip to Wales.
Unfortunately this is a composite as the weather didn't allow me to do it the way I wanted.

"The Swan River"

Last year when we visited this place I thought that it would be amazing to shoot the night sky with such a beautiful foreground but unfortunately I didn't get the chance to go there at night.
This year, we went back and the night when we arrived in Wales was a very clear night. Beeing tired from the long day at work and the 5 hour drive to Wales, I set up my equipment close to the cottage we were staying at and I shot the night sky until the clouds started to roll in.
The forecast looked promising for the following day and I really hoped to achieve my goals but unfortunately the Welsh weather is so unpredictable, the forecast was wrong and there was no point of going there at night if the sky is fully covered by clouds reason why this photo is a composite.

EXIF:
Canon 6Da, Sigma 50mm f1.4 art lens, Tamron 15-30mm f2.8 lens and iOptron skyguider pro
Sky: Sigma 50mm 17x30sec tracked images ISO1600 @ f2.8
Foreground: Tamron 15-30mm 1 x 1/60sec ISO100 @ 30mm f11

I hope you like it!

Emil
Cygnus-Hafod-2-Recovered-copy-22-(watermark).png.thumb.png.82c0c1610b366892748e80363ddec613.png
  • Like 10