Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NGC 7822 Widefields

tomato

Continuing my attempts to persist with DSO imaging right through the summer, here is NGC 7822, 50 x 3 mins with the SY135/IMX571c/NBZ and RASA8/QHY268c/NBZ, captured under 75% Nautical and 25% Civil darkness. Both have been processed to create a pseudo HST palette. I have tried to combine the data from both rigs to create a hybrid FOV, but this has not been a success.

Thanks for looking, nights drawing in from next Tuesday...😉

Image14AP.thumb.jpg.9b0f61fa1b9261c07280c819602233f2.jpg

Image09AP.thumb.jpg.e59172dc991900d2887eae95a2ab7643.jpg

• Like 8

Nice image and well done considering there is no true darkness at the moment.

Speaking of which, although the longest day is around the 21st June, the latest sunset is on the 27th, so a bit longer to wait than you were expecting.

The mornings started drawing in on the 15th June. Definitely should be the other way round in my view.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news !

Thanks, I didn’t check the precise sunrise and sunset times at my location, and there is still a way to go before the return of Astro darkness. 

I fitted a solar panel to my observatory yesterday to keep the battery charged, woke up to cloudy skies this morning…

• Like 1