Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Mounts Under 600 USD that Have GOTO Capability

nubs292

Hello,

I wanted to buy an iOptron SmartEQ Pro+ mount as my first tracking mount, but it is not really possible to ship it to my country. If anybody knows, are there any other mounts that have GOTO, but don't cost more than the iOptron SmartEQ Pro+? I will use it with a simple DSLR and lens setup, but the reason I would prefer GOTO is because I know I will be using a dedicated astrophotography camera in the future, without having to buy a new mount.

Thank you!

FLO ships to Latvia, take a look at their website.  The HEQ5 is good for AP (I use one) it's a bit dearer than the one you wanted but not as expensive as many other imaging mounts.

Carole 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, carastro said:

FLO ships to Latvia, take a look at their website.  The HEQ5 is good for AP (I use one) it's a bit dearer than the one you wanted but not as expensive as many other imaging mounts.

Carole 

Thanks for the suggestion!

You may want to wait til the summer and look at both the new Skywatcher Starguider GTI and the iOptron Skyhunter which both should be good for astrophotography with a DSLR and come with GoTo.

• Thanks 1