Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Processing Bode Galaxy

I've been scratching my head for a while on this and i can't get anything out of this.

I used DeepSkyStacker and i have the output file then i went to photoshop and i can't see the galaxy.

I think that my focus is bad. I used Nikon D3000 (not astro moded) with IR/Cut filter with 15 seconds 1600 ISO

Telescope: Celestron C6

Mount: AVX

I only stacked 100 images i didn't used the dew shield and then my lens was foggy.

I'm posting the stacked image if someone wants to have a try with it. I also processed it with Dark Frames

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1X7VPFlpV8ww8btXCbJ-u7lyhb07wOTlx/view?usp=sharing

bode.TIF

Had a quick look there is not enough data to, get any detail out of bodes.

You also have a lot of light pollution so certainly need to use darks and flats.

bode_ABE.jpg

Edited by wornish

Yes the light pollution is terrible here in Dagenham, London :(

Thank you for trying

I forgot to charge the battery for the camera and it died after taking about 160 images at 15seconds

And i didn't used the dew shield and when i charged the battery the telescope lens was already full of dew :(

I assume that you are not guiding yet?

I agree with @cigraphics, you need more date, LP filter, and, if you can take bias, flats  and darks that will help.

40 lights minimum), use ISO 800 (ISO 1600 reduces the gain, or light capture capability). I have a reference for Cnon 600D test results but not for the Nikon just now.

40 darks (or same number as lights) at the same exposure and temperature as the lights, with the DSLR get them as close as possible. See Rule of 500

50 bias - shortest exposure with lens cap on

50 flats - try a t-shirt* over the lens aimed at a bright clear sky**, dawn or dusk can be goo, with exposure set so histogram is 25%-30% from left

50 dark flats - same exposure as above but with the lens covered.

* I got an embroidery hoop in put two lanes of t-shirt material on.

** I have also used a laptop with a white screen for the light source. As long as it is even.

HTH

Edited by iapa

hi

Looks like i might get another chance tonight and will have another go. I'm not using guiding. I have to find a good camera for guiding. Tried with the Svbony SV105 and failed :)

Tomorrow i'm going to receive the screwdriver tool set to open up the camera and remove the IR filter

I'm going to try to get more data like you said @iapa

Cheers

Edited by cigraphics