Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

My first experience with my new SA, any advice?

67F48E91-538A-4B92-8BBE-B477FAAD73C5.thumb.jpeg.81f02ef61d86cfb57db440d666fe4800.jpeg2C86351B-0511-4A5F-9C5B-C1BB22A3B189.thumb.jpeg.e63748d0cda423f8af073404136153ef.jpeg

So during the night of Monday, I learned how to setup the Star Adventurer Pro. It was kinda difficult but thankfully my session became a success, so those screws on the sides which moves the mount slightly as an adjustment for polar alignment, upon tweaking them nothing didn’t move so I moved the setup to adjust the position of the north star, then adjusted the latitude wedge. Am I suppose to move the setup to point specifically to the north star or use the side screws to move the view, or even unscrew the tracker to rotate it pointing at where it is suppose to, especially adjusted the latitude as well.

Cheers

William

• Like 1

Once you have your tripod setup level and then add the Star Adventurer to the level tripod. You should be able to use the two smaller horizontal adjustment knobs to move everything left or right, and then larger latitude knob to adjust the angle up and down, this maybe tight if the latitude adjustment handle is still tightened down. The arrow on the latitude scale should be around 51 for rough polar alignment which would mean that the arrow should point just below the second graduation after the 45 degree mark. For some unknown reason Sky Watcher use 3 degrees for each small mark. See https://blog.martinbelan.com/2020/06/25/how-to-polar-align-a-sky-watcher-star-adventurer-for-astrophotography/ as well as 

Hope that helps.

Edited by Grant Fribbens
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, WilliamAstro said:

so those screws on the sides which moves the mount slightly as an adjustment for polar alignment, upon tweaking them nothing didn’t move

Next to those adjustment screws are small allen key bolts which holds it all securely.  If you can't move those adjustment screws the allen key bolts may be tightened down too tightly.  There's one either side (see red circle below) and the slot they are in governs how far the mount can turn using those larger adjusting screws.  Don't loosen too much as the mount might start to wobble - you should be able to find a sweet spot though 👍.

Untitled.png

Edited by herne
  • Like 2

Once it's polar aligned in the Ra axis you don't move it at all other than to rotate your setup around the Ra axis, preferably by electronic control. You've set your camera on a ball head so you can also move your camera on that to point to a target.