Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Best night so far

nuttystar

Tonight was the best night so far!! I finally managed to align my finder scope properly and it just got better from there!! In the end I managed to find plaedes, saturn and I think I found orions nebula. I'm not sure though as I only have a 20 mm so and it was very small.

Very pleased with myself though :)

Tonight was good for me too! First time that EQMOD and EQ6 and Wii remote co-operated. I used Cartes du Ciel to point at things and pretty soon everything was falling into place, this Goto thing can show you so much, so quickly! Only had the 4.5 inch Newtonian so faint galaxies were out (cloudy in places, too). I think I've waited 2 months for this. Have to say that the Wii remote did drop the connection twice in the session but it doesn't take long to restart it. It is just feels like magic looking in the eyepiece and having the view change just by pressing Wii buttons.

Archived