Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Quick process 21st April

neil phillips

1 minute ago, Pete Presland said:

Looking good Neil, some nice details visible there.

Hi Pete thanks. Still learning about all this. I may have been underestimating changes in features that occur over time. A astro friend has been helping me.  Long captures are not a problem. As it will capture moments of good seeing. But as such parts will have to be chopped from them where good seeing is occurring. I have been thinking in terms of rotation. But not feature changes. Whats the longest capture you stack ? 

11 hours ago, neil phillips said:

Hi Pete thanks. Still learning about all this. I may have been underestimating changes in features that occur over time. A astro friend has been helping me.  Long captures are not a problem. As it will capture moments of good seeing. But as such parts will have to be chopped from them where good seeing is occurring. I have been thinking in terms of rotation. But not feature changes. Whats the longest capture you stack ? 

The longest is 120 seconds with my Evostar 120mm + X3 Barlow, mostly due to such a long FL. When the seeing is good I don't think you need too many frames .

The Sun is quite dynamic, even more so in H/A

2 hours ago, Pete Presland said:

The longest is 120 seconds with my Evostar 120mm + X3 Barlow, mostly due to such a long FL. When the seeing is good I don't think you need too many frames .

The Sun is quite dynamic, even more so in H/A

Cheers just interested in peoples capture times. Of course it doesnt really matter how long you capture. Because any time frame can be got from it by pipp by chopping the good moments. You must still be getting quite a few frames. I am mostly at 125 fps But even if slower say 60fps thats still quite a few 7500 frames.