Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Sol WL 20-04-22

johnfosteruk

Hi, my name's John and it's been approximately 3 years since I handled a Herschel wedge. :)

I've had the occasional visual session with Baader film but I thought that what with Sol perking up a bit, it was about time I fired up the imaging setup. My intent was to do it first thing but other tasks required my time and I didn't get to it until just after 17:00 so the seeing wasn't good. 

Nonetheless I managed to wrestle some detail out of a stack of the best 25 frames out of 100. It took a bit of selective processing in PS and rescaling to approx 25% of the original image scale tho. This current group is quite the spectacle isn't it.

Usual process - Pipp>Autostakkert>IMPPG>Repeat with different settings several times, and blend the best bits with some masks and a bit of additional sharpening/contrast & levels adjustment in PS. It appears I need to capture some flats as well.

This feels like a good start to getting back on the solar imaging horse again, I'll see if I can add in a barlow next time and I may even start looking at Ha options soon.

Mono

12846953_SolWL20-04-22Mono.thumb.png.c6b1a25972a3c195107f433d3541d1c3.png

RGB

210551176_SolWL20-04-22RGB.thumb.png.55dc0ced2256da04870a8931c9540f68.png

Edited by johnfosteruk
  • Like 3