Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flats Alignment

I was having some trouble with my flats (hardly an uncommon thing) so decided to play around with them in photoshop. What I found was that I had to nudge them precisely 2 pixels "up" and "left" in order that they be aligned with my light frames. Now they're perfect.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?? The lights were captured with Artemis and the flats with NINA, but they're both the same resolution so I can't understand how that's happened?

Trouble as in dust particles don't line up or the stacking software says they are not the same pixel count?

Anyway, I'm having a few calibration issues myself with darks so I've shot a new set by using NINA. Prob best to use the same software and drivers for everything. 

3 hours ago, david_taurus83 said:

Trouble as in dust particles don't line up or the stacking software says they are not the same pixel count?

All the dust rings in the flats don't line up, but once nudged everything lines up perfectly. The pixel count is exactly the same, I can't explain it!

9 minutes ago, SamAndrew said:

Using a filter wheel? it's possible the filter hasn't gone back to the same position when you've gone to take the flats?

Hi Sam, I thought about that but some of the dust is on the sensor window (present with all filters) and was also out of alignment.