SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi, I am a student and I would like to ask for your help for my Science project that is due this week.

JeonLucy

4 minutes ago, Kon said:

I do not have any pics to offer but you could try Stellarium or Skysafari that allows you to virtually change the time and see how the night sky changes.

Thank you very much your so helpful!!

Hello and welcome to the site 👍 There was recently a star count where they asked people to count the number of stars within the Orion constellation, not including the four main stars. So there you go, go outside at night with a comfy chair and a warm coat, find Orion, count the stars when you first go out there and then after having 30 minutes plus of your eyes getting used to darkness, count them again. Weather permitting, you will hopefully see more. Give it a go, you never know, you may even see a satellite shoot past. :D

On 22/03/2022 at 15:07, JeonLucy said:

Hi, I am a student and I am new in this website, I would like to ask what can you observe in a constellation after two hours?

Welcome to SGL! If you don't have a telescope, you can see plenty with a pair of binoculars. Many people on SGL are bino experts, so you'll get plenty of guidance.

On 22/03/2022 at 15:07, JeonLucy said:

Hi, I am a student and I am new in this website, I would like to ask what can you observe in a constellation after two hours?

Such an open ended question. - How long is a piece of string ?  - There are so many variables, like the location you are viewing from. You'll see more from a dark site than from the centre of a large city.  Also the constellation chosen will contain different things, some will have galaxies, others star clusters.  Also the location will dictate if some constellations are visible or not, for example, from the UK a few constellations are visible all year round, but never visible from parts of the southern hemisphere, and vice versa.  Some constellation are packed with galaxies, but you need binoculars or a telescope to see them.  Others have galaxies or nebula that only a long exposure photograph will show.

As others have said you can download software that will show you what's visible from any location in the world and for any time and date.  This software is even free, ideal for education purposes.

Maybe if you ask a more specific question such as  "what can I see from (insert location) between 8pm and 10pm in April" and you will probably get a more concise answer