NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

StellaLyra RC 8 - Threaded Connections

Hi All

I have been struggling to collimate my RC 8 and, whilst I have sort of got it, I have (unsurprisingly) discovered that the compression ring on the stock focuser leads to inconsistent results.  What I think I need here is to be able to have a threaded connection all the way through the image train.  Any advice on how to achieve that?

Neil

2 minutes ago, vlaiv said:

Thanks Vlaiv...yep, thought that was going to be the way forward.  I had been looking at the Baader Diamond SteelTrack but wasn't clear if it would accept a fully threaded connection.  I'll have a look at the TS Optics one though.  Thank you

Neil

Yes, I think that Baader focuser also has threaded connection.

It is just matter of thread dimensions and other accessories.

I already have M68 thread on focuser on one of my other scopes but it can't rotate. Above focuser comes with M63 thread and can rotate.

I figured that I will be able to swap things between two scopes with this accessory:

https://www.teleskop-express.de/shop/product_info.php/info/p9781_TS-Optics-360--Rotation---Thread-Adapter---M63-to-M68--M54-and-2-.html

Now I can exchange things between scopes and have threaded attachment and rotation on both my imaging scopes RC8 and 80mm F/6 APO.

• Thanks 1