Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can somebidy have a wee go at processing this Pinwheel image?

This is just a single sub taken with the ZS66 and Orion Deep Space mono CCD. It's one of my first images with a Ha Filter (Using it due to the full moon) and I am finding it very difficult to process it. Sub length is 800seconds. If somebody could have a look and see what if it is going to be any good!

Pinwheel-800Second.tiff

I've had a very quick go at it Craig (pushed it way too hard) and for the exposure time, I can't see much wrong with it. I've got the Astronomik 13Nm HA filter and I don't tend to use it if the Moon is over approx. 80% illuminated because it effects the image. Other than that, I think you're onto a winner here mate :).

post-13439-133877359695_thumb.jpg

You can never have enough exposure time I reckon :). By all means and experiment Craig, what I've found a no-go in terms of imaging in moonlight might be different for you. Horses for courses and all that.... :mad:.

Tony..

I've had a go as well, I think I'm in the same ball park as Tony, processing wise...

Lot's more subs (goes without saying), and wait for the moon to go a little.

For one sub I think it has promise.

ant

Archived