Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

NEW SCOPE - 10inch RC Open Truss

I have been toying with the idea of selling the RASA8 and getting a RASA 11 because of the issue of switching out filters. The 11 gives you nearly 3x back focus to put in filter sliders etc with a ZWO 2600

But I would then have to get a full frame camera to suit the scope and really only have a bigger RASA with a little less FOV for a shed load of cash.

Sooooooooooo

@FLO only had this little beauty up for sale :) 

This gives me a long Focal Length scope that I don't own for galaxies that I used to love imaging.

Added a 0.67 reducer into it and a few other extras and saved myself a pretty packet in the long run.

Keep the RASA8 for fast widefield 400mm F2 imaging and have the RC 10 for F8 2000mm or F5.3 @ 1340mm and all using my ZWO 2600 :)

I have 2 smaller old refractors I can pick to use as guide scopes and the EQ8-R should handle that no problem

Happy bunny and thanks to Chris @FLO for answering my questions out of hours when he should have been home :)

Clouds for the next 6 months, sorry

• Like 2

I was looking at that too.. I thought long & hard when FLO brought them out, as I love my 8"RC carbon but don't love the collimation .. ended up with the 150 frac. Did you get the shroud too?.. I'd be looking at an OAG rather than a separate guide scope though?.. yeah the EQ8 should be fine.

28 minutes ago, Sp@ce_d said:

I was looking at that too.. I thought long & hard when FLO brought them out, as I love my 8"RC carbon but don't love the collimation .. ended up with the 150 frac. Did you get the shroud too?.. I'd be looking at an OAG rather than a separate guide scope though?.. yeah the EQ8 should be fine.

I have an battered ED80 and WO66 to try as guide scopes and so will try that 1st before the OAG route.

Didn't get a shroud, but can always pick one up later if I need one.

Collimation is a concern, but have plenty of experience on F2.8 Newts and also got that new video collimation camera / software to go along side the Cheshire and other collimation kit I have.

• Like 1