NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

bargain laptops?

powerlord

Just in case of use to anyone else - I wanted a laptop to leave in the new obsy - for stuff like planetary/lunar, etc. maaybe for nina at some point (i use asiair).

wanted something fast, tough, and ideally touchscreen.

this company selling refurbished lenova yogas, and I got an i7 quad core, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd with touchscreen/convertible for 179 squid.

its all aluminium case, etc. these cost >£1000 quid new.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/283606063064?var=586202378301

Its come with a fresh activated windows 11 pro on it, and (as a mac user that detests window and most windows HW) it's actually really really good. really nice touchpad, bright full HD screen, and of course touchscreen too. Anyway, oodles cheaper than others being sold on ebay, so thought I'd pass on the link.

stu

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, powerlord said:

I got an i7 quad core, 8gb ram, 256gb ssd with touchscreen/convertible for 179 squid.

The link states the i7 models are £320/340  🤔

Edited by Debo

2 minutes ago, Debo said:

The link states that i7 is £320/340  🤔

If you look at the selection list of laptops, there is a 'L3' I7 laptop that is now out of stock - that might be the £179 version Powerlord was referring to.

• Thanks 1

oh sorry chaps - it was the L3 - I just assumed he'd have more of them. 🤐

Well.. it shows it was a bargain at least 🤪

Just did disk test, and getting a steady 500MB/sec write speed. Which is not going to win any awards these days, but should be quick enough to max out my video captures on my asi224/553/1600 which is all that matters.

As an aside, I hate to say it, but windows 11 is possibly my least hated windows so far - it's not that bad. though it stuffs 'Edge' down your throat at every opportunity so that's getting replaced with firefox.

Edited by powerlord
  • Like 1